Wednesday, August 12, 2015

We believe we can fly!!!

Hey Everyone,

We have had an incredible few days together exploring this beautiful country. We have participated in treks through cloud forests, milked a few cows (some of us even tasted the fresh milk), zip lining through rainforests, performances for our host families, treks up the sides of volcanoes (now dormant so don't be worrying) and today we performed at a primary school in La Fortuna. It was both a humbling and inspiring experience and we were welcomed so warmly by the staff and pupils of the school. Many of us were asked to sign autographs afterwards and their utter joy was infectious. The choir members have been working on blog updates of everything that we have been participating in which we will post over the coming days but for now please sit back, relax and enjoy the many pictures of our fun times together and also some insights from one of our Peer Leaders, Grace Toner.


08/11/2015

Hi everybody! My name is Grace Toner and this is my second tour with the BCS Tour Choir. I volunteered to write the blog post today because I personally experienced something I will never forget; the feeling of flying through the rainforest, in the rain, without a care in the world. When I first read the itinerary back home in Boston and stumbled across zip lining, I wasn't sure how to feel. On one hand, I knew it would be a once in a lifetime opportunity, but on the other hand, I was terrified. I hate the feeling that comes with most adrenaline thrills or rides like this, when you're free falling through the air and the pit of your stomach drops so hard it makes you sick. But as the day approached, I realised how much I would regret not participating, and I'm determined to get through this trip without a single regret. Currently as I write this, I am soaked from head to toe and covered in all types of dirt and mud, freezing my butt off. But beside all of this, I wouldn't change a thing about today or my experience 250 feet up in the air above the canopy, zipping along as happy as could be. I hope all of your children who did participate in today's adventure had as much fun as I did, and can get through this tour, like me, without a single regret. Hasta luego and Pura Vida!

Grace's face after ziplining!



Pre-zip picture 



Stencia was born ready!



The fearless Ona




Cold, wet, muddy and super happy! What an experience!



We did it!!!


For more pictures, visit https://bostoncitysingers.smugmug.com/ 


Best,
Carmen


No comments:

Post a Comment